Instagram is bringing the ability to add music to feed posts, similar to how the Meta-owned photo-sharing platform allows its users to add music on Instagram Stories and Reels in India, Brazil, and Turkey.
“With this test, Instagram hopes to give its community a way to add a soundtrack to their Feed photos, like they can with Reels and Stories already. If a user clicks on the song, they will be taken to an audio page that showcases all Feed posts that have used that song,” the company said in a statement.
The feature is currently being tested and will allow users to have a song or music featured alongside the photo or video they have shared on their feed.
Check the steps here:
1. Upload your Feed photo (following the usual steps)
2. Click on Add Music
3. Search for specific songs in the ‘Search’ field or browse for music in the ‘Trending’ or ‘For You’ sections of the prompt
4. Select the song that you’d like to add to your photo
5. Once a user clicks on the song, he/she will be taken to an audio page that showcases all Feed posts that have used that song
6. Users can then select the clip duration (similar to Stories) and choose the length of time they did like to include (up to X seconds)
7. Once you are done editing the feed, click on done and then share it on your Instagram feed
Instagram is increasingly launching many of its features in India first. Last year, it had launched its new format ‘Reels’ that allows users to create and share short videos and India was among the first countries where it was launched.
The company went on to launch a separate tab for ‘Reels’ and India was the first country to get this feature.