Today’s Top News: 08-April-2021
1. PM Modi to release Hindi Version of Odisha Itihaas by Dr. Harekrushna Mahtab on 9th April 2021 from Ambedkar International Center, Janpath, New Delhi.
2. Dr. Harekrushna Mahtab was a notable figure in the Indian Independence Movement. He also served as Chief Minister of Odisha from 1946 to 1950 and from 1956 to 1961. He wrote the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’ in Ahmednagar Fort Jail, where he was imprisoned for more than two years during 1942-1945.
3. PM Narendra Modi to review COVID-19 situation with CMs of all states, UTs via videoconferencing today : Ever since the coronavirus pandemic outbreak in the country, PM Modi has regularly interacted with Chief Ministers to assess the situation and suggest and take inputs to tackle the pandemic.
4. The Union Cabinet approved the Production Linked Scheme for White Goods such as Air conditioners and LED lights. The main objective of the scheme is to make manufacturing in India globally competitive. This is to be achieved by creating economies of scale, removing sectoral disabilities and ensuring efficiencies. The scheme will make India an integral part of the global supply chain.
5. Election Commission issues notice to Mamata Banerjee over minority vote appeal along communal lines while campaigning in Hooghly.
6. The Global energy and industrial majors have joined together to form a new coalition called the India H2 Alliance . The initiative to form the alliance was begun by the Reliance industries and Chart Industries. The India H2 Alliance, IH2A mainly focuses on commercialising hydrogen technologies. It will work towards boosting the hydrogen economy and supply chain in India.
7. Lucknow imposes night curfew, educational institutes closed till April 15 : A night curfew was imposed by the district administration late on Wednesday night from 9 pm to 6 am, the curfew will be applicable only in Lucknow Municipal Corporation area, and not in rural Lucknow.
8. On the occasion of World Health Day yesterday, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the WHO South East Asia Regional Office through Video Conference. The theme selected for this year, ‘building a fairer and healthier world for everyone’.
9. Second Wave of Bird Flu in Himachal Pradesh : Bird Flu was confirmed among the migratory water birds at Pong Dam Lake Wildlife Sanctuary. The disease then killed more than 5,000 birds. It was contained in February 2021. However, it has resurfaced since late March.
10. The Supreme Court will on Thursday hear the pleas filed by Maharashtra government and its former home minister Anil Deshmukh who have challenged the Bombay high court order directing a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the allegations of corruption and misconduct levelled against him by former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh.
11. Suspended cop Sachin Waze on Wednesday claimed former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had demanded Rs 2 crore from him to continue his service in the Mumbai police and alleged another minister Anil Parab asked him to collect money from contractors.
12. After spending over two years in a Punjab prison, gangster- turned-politician Mukhtar Ansari was brought back to Banda jail early Wednesday morning.
13. The Mumbai civic body on Wednesday issued an order, allowing home delivery of food and essential supplies through online service providers 24 hours on all days of the week during the ongoing state-wide coronavirus-induced restrictions.
14. A demonstration on the Jammu-Poonch highway on Wednesday, April 7, demanding an assurance from the government for the abducted CoBRA commando’s safe release.
15. ISI terror module busted in Gujarat; 3 held
The Ahmedabad crime branch on Wednesday arrested three persons for allegedly setting ablaze seven shops as part of a larger conspiracy of Pakistan’s spy agency ISI to spread terror by luring unsuspecting petty criminals in need of money.
16. Do not run away from difficult subjects: PM Modi tells students in Pariksha Pe Charcha
PM Modi cited his own example of taking up more complex work in morning when he feels fresh and leaving easier parts to late night.
17. Lieutenant General C.P. Cariappa has taken over as the Master General Sustenance (MGS) of the Army — a new position that has been introduced as part of a series of reforms carried out in the force headquarters over the last year.
18. Indian Army to celebrate 50 years of 1971 Indo-Pak war with slogan writing competition; ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ is being organised across the country. As part of the celebrations, the Indian Army is also organising an online slogan writing competition from April 1 to May 31, 2021.
19. Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Manoj Mukund Naravane emphasised that the nation is facing renewed challenges along the borders. On Tuesday, COAS Naravane visited Defence Services Staff College (DSSC) at Wellington in Tamil Nadu.
20. Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said that China is capable of launching cyber attacks against India and that there is a capability gap between the two countries when it comes to technology .In an address at the Vivekananda International Foundation.
1. India-Pakistan ties: PM Imran Khan’s peace offer façade . The moment news about a ceasefire agreement being reached between the Indian and Pakistan armies broke out, the ‘doves’ in India went into raptures and started demanding that New Delhi should immediately respond in a positive manner and push forward to resolve all outstanding issues with Islamabad.
2. Goodwill Gesture: Indian Army Sends Back PoK Boy Who Crossed Line of Control
As a goodwill gesture, the Indian Army on Wednesday handed over a teenager boy who had inadvertently crossed over the Line of Control into the Indian side back to the Pakistan army. The 13-year-old Mousin, a resident of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, had inadvertently crossed over to the Indian side
3. India and Vietnam hold maritime security dialogue : India and Vietnam deliberated on maritime security cooperation as well as on the evolving regional situation during a virtual dialogue. The discussions took place as part of the second maritime security dialogue.
4. Indian firm rejects allegations over supply of Rafale replica
An Indian firm on Tuesday said it supplied 50 replicas of Rafale aircraft to its maker Dassault Aviation, a day after a fresh controversy erupted over the fighter jets’ deal following a French media report.
5. India, Russia firm on S-400 missiles deal, Moscow now eyes arms unit under ‘Make in India’
Despite pressure from the US, India and Russia Tuesday decided to further deepen their defence cooperation, with Moscow planning to set up a manufacturing unit producing Russian arms under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
6. 11th round of India, China military talks to be held on April 9 : The 11th round of India China military talks is expected to happen this Friday (April 9). The key focus will be early disengagement in other areas Both countries were able to achieve complete disengagement at Pangong lake in February.
7. The INS Sarvekshak is on a deployment to Mauritius for undertaking Hydrogrpahic surveys along with Mauritius. It will also provide training to the Mauritian personnel on advanced hydrographic equipment and practices during the deployment. INS Sarvekshak has visited Port Louis and commenced the hydrographic survey of “Deep Sea Area off Port Louis”.
1. The Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov’s two-day visit to Islamabad straight from Delhi is designed to make India a little insecure. This is Lavrov’s first visit to Pakistan in nine years.
2. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday called on Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, who expressed satisfaction at the steady growth in bilateral ties in diverse fields with Moscow.
3. The International Monetary Fund has projected a 5 percent growth rate for Bangladesh for the year 2021.
1. Sports Ministry approves proposal for a high altitude training camp of 100 Days in Kapchorwa/Teryet, Uganda from 10th April 21 to 20th July 21 .
2. Sania Mirza selected for TOPS on 7th April 2021 during the 56th MOC meeting : Sania Mirza is currently ranked 157th in the World but has a protected ranking of 9 (doubles ranking) based on which she is likely to go to Tokyo Olympics this year. Mirza was out of competition for more than 52 Weeks that is from October 2017 and returned to competition last year in January 2020 when she made a comeback by winning her first doubles tournament in nearly 2 years. (Hobart Open).
USD 74.35 💷GBP 102.17
In Guwahati (Assam)
🥇Gold ₹48,256@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,480@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 87.37
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.23
LPG : ₹ 858 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
One time there were two currencies operating in India…. One as you all may know was the Indian National Rupee and the other was the Hyderabadi Rupee From 1918-1959
😀Thought of the day
Help yourself to lift up yourself. Never let yourself go down. Our self is our friend as well as our enemy. One who has obtained control over one’s body and mind is one’s own friend and one who has not obtained such control is one’s own enemy: The Path of Self-Control🙏🏻
Joke of the day
पुलिसवाले ने पूछा – इतनी क्यों पी रखी है?
शराबी – क्या करता साहब, मजबूरी थी!
पुलिसवाला – कैसी मजबूरी?
शराबी – बोतल का ढक्कन गुम हो गया था! 😝
One day on the Moon is 27.32 Earth days or 655.72 hours long.
14 days day
14 days night
🙏🏻 LEARN SANSKRIT🙏🏻
Elder : Agraj अग्रज or Jyeshta ज्येष्ठा
Brother: Brata भ्राता
Younger : Anuj अनुजा
why chilly becomes red colour
The red color of tomato and chilly is due to lycopene in the chloroplast. It is a bright red carotene and carotenoid pigment found in other red fruits and vegetables, such as red carrots, watermelons and papayas. Foods that are not red may also contain lycopene, such as brown beans or parsley.
🤔 How it works ⁉
How is limestone formed
Limestone is a sedimentary rock composed primarily of calcium carbonate (CaCO3) in the form of the mineral calcite. It most commonly forms in clear, warm, shallow marine waters. It is usually an organic sedimentary rock that forms from the accumulation of shell, coral, algal and fecal debris.
Pure limestones are white or almost white. Because of impurities, such as clay, sand, organic remains, iron oxide and other materials, many limestones exhibit different colors, especially on weathered surfaces.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The Ganges is personified as the goddess Ganga. Ganga’s mother is Mena and her father is Himavat, the personification of the Himalaya mountains.
Ganga devi came from the feet of Lord Narayana. This can be seen in Srimadh Bhagavatham and Vishnu purana. That’s the reason she is glorified to that extent. Let me quote the statement from Srimadh Bhagavatam:
Ganga devi was brought to Earth by Bhagirata and hence she was called Bhagirathi. God Shiva held her in one lock of his hair to control her force and he was called as Gangadara. As devi’s force was still strong to flood Earth, rishi Jahnu collected her in his ears and later left her down as Bhagiratha requested him. Hence, Ganga Devi is also called as Jahnavi.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼