Today’s top news: 22 Feb
1. PM Modi will visit Assam and West Bengal on 22nd February 2021 . At around 11:30 AM, Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation important projects of the oil & gas sector in an event organized at Silapathar in Dhemaji, Assam. He will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stone for Engineering Colleges during the event. At around 4:30 PM, Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation and inaugurate several railway projects in Hooghly, West Bengal.
2. The sixth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog was held on February 20, 2021 under the chairmanship of PM Modi. Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said that Cooperative Federalism is the foundation of India’s progress.
3. Polling for regular election of six municipal corporations of Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar and two-seat by-polls in Junagadh Municipal Corporation took yesterday
4. The Uttarakhand government has brought an ordinance giving co-ownership rights to women in their husband’s ancestral property. The ordinance has been brought keeping in view large-scale migration of men from the hill areas of the state in search of livelihood. The ordinance aims to provide economic independence to women who are left behind and have to depend on agriculture to sustain themselves.
5. Flagging “historic and unsustainable” fuel price levels, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Sunday wrote to PM Modi, urging him to follow “Raj Dharma” by partially rolling back the excise duty on petrol and diesel. She said the Centre had “chosen to profiteer off people’s misery and suffering”.
6. Why are prices of petrol and diesel increasing? Petroleum minister explains In April last year, India had supported the decision of the major oil-producing countries to cut production as there was a sharp fall in demand amid Covid-19 pandemic. International market has reduced fuel production and manufacturing countries are producing less fuel to gain more profit. This is making the consumer countries suffer. The minister also said that blaming the Centre for the price rise is wrong as states too have increased VAT on fuel.
7. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced that Hoshangabad city in the state would be renamed as Narmadapuram and a proposal to that effect would be sent to the Centre.
8. Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi invited several farmer leaders to the Delhi Assembly on Sunday, February 21, for a meeting where chief minister Arvind Kejriwal termed the three contentious farm laws “death warrants to the farmers”.
9. UP cops gun down second main accused in Kasganj constable’s murder; history-sheeter killed. A constable was thrashed to death and another cop was severely injured on February 9 when a police team had raided an illegal liquor factory in Kasganj.
10. SBI Payments, a subsidiary of State Bank of India, will launch YONO Merchant App to provide low-cost digital payments infrastructure to merchants . YONO SBI Merchant will act as a soft PoS (point of sale) solution for which it has partnered with global payments technology major Visa to enable Tap to Phone feature.
11. Maharashtra CM bans large gatherings; warns citizens to wear masks or face lockdown soon : New curbs in Pune; 7-day lockdown in Amravati. A week-long lockdown from 8 pm on February 22 to till 8 am on March 1.
12. Two more MLAs of the Congress-Dravid a Munnetra Kazhagam alliance in Puducherry resigned on Sunday, delivering yet another jolt to chief minister V Narayanasamy, a day before he is scheduled to face a floor test in the assembly to prove his majority. govt’s strength drops to 11.
13. AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi will kick off his party’s poll campaign in West Bengal on February 25 with a rally in minority-dominated Metiabruz area of the city.
14. Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath claims ‘Love jihad a conspiracy to make Kerala an Islamic state’ at Kasargod.
15. A Central Bureau of Investigation team on Sunday went to the Kolkata residence of Abhishek Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew, serving a notice to his wife and his sister-in-law to join the probe in the coal pilferage case, a development that further raised the political temperature in poll-bound West Bengal.
16. Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma has said that a corpus fund of Rs 125 crore will be constituted over the next two years to aid the entrepreneurs in the state.
17. The big daddy of all reality shows Bigg Boss 14 will finally get the season’s winner. TV actor Rubina Dilaik on Sunday beat nemesis and singer Rahul Vaidya to emerge as the winner of reality show “Bigg Boss” season 14. Superstar Salman Khan, who is the host of the reality show, announced the winner from the show’s set put up in suburban Mumbai’s Filmcity.
18. The disengagement process by India and China in eastern Ladakh is ‘complete’ after nine rounds of diplomatic and military level talks between the two neighbours, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said in Salem on Sunday as he hit out at Congress for ‘doubting’ Indian soldiers’ bravery.
19. Ladakh-based engineer & the man behind the character of ‘Phunsukh Wangdu’ in the Bollywood blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’ Sonam Wangchuk has now built a solar-powered military tent for the Indian Army at the Galwan Valley. This tent has the potential to accommodate 10 jawans and is fully portable with the weight of the tent is said to be less than 30 kilos. Wangchuk also revealed that the tent could sustain even under sub-zero temperatures such as minus 14 degrees Celsius while pointing out that it was carbon neutral, replacing kerosene and tackling pollution.
20. Coronavirus Cases: 11,005,071
1. Australia has posted a liaison officer at Indian Navy’s Gurgaon-based Information Fusion Centre (IFC) that has emerged as a major hub of maritime security information relating to the Indian Ocean.
2 . India, Maldives sign agreements for developing naval harbour, boosting defence : India on Sunday extended a $50-million line of credit to the Maldives for defence projects and the two countries signed an agreement to develop and maintain a key naval facility for the armed forces of the Indian Ocean archipelago.
3. Senior commanders of Indian and Chinese army held tenth round of military talks to discuss and take forward the disengagement process at friction points like Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang in eastern Ladakh on Saturday (February 20).
4. Nepal has expedited preparations to start inoculating elderly and most vulnerable age groups from next month as it received a batch of COVID-19 vaccines purchased from India
1. The United States has officially rejoined the Paris Agreement . The US had officially exited the agreement in 2020 on the order of the then President Donald Trump. Under the Paris agreement, countries are expected to enhance their commitments to curb greenhouse gas emissions every five years. The goal of Paris Agreement is to limit global warming to well below 2, preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius, compared to pre-industrial levels.
2. China has arrested three persons for publishing online comments which were considered false and insulting toward the PLA soldiers, who fought in the China-India border clash at Galwan eight months ago.
3. All adults in Britain will be offered the first shot of a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of July, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said
4. Coronavirus Cases:
1. Japan’s Naomi Osaka won her second Australian Open tennis women’s singles title by beating American Jennifer Brady 6-4, 6-3 in the final in Melbourne. Before this, Osaka had won the 2019 Australian Open and 2018 and 2020 US Open titles.
2. INDIA VS ENGLAND
3rd Test, Anthony De Mello Trophy, 2021, February 24, 2021
USD 72.57 GBP 99.92
Gold ₹47,190@10 gm 24 (Krt)
Silver ₹73,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.31
⛽ Diesel ₹ 88.24
LPG : ₹ 795.50 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
On 22 February-1873 (°Today)Sir Muhammad Ekbal, writer of song ‘Sare Jahanse Achha’, was born.
Thought of the day
In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
Joke of the day
Bahu- Maji, ye abhi tak nhi aaye, kahi koi dusri aurat?
Saas- Kalmuhi,tu hamesh hi ulta sochti h,aisa bhi to ho sakta h ki ,truck ke niche aa gya ho..!!!
Both Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh were Union Territories before getting statehood on February 20, 1987.
why rear tyres of tractor are large
Grip of Traction
The bigger tyres avoid slipping in the mud surface. The larger tyre fitted in the tractor has much better grip pads that can bite into the ground. … Also, the tractor is pulling things, the weight behind it pushes the rear wheels down, increasing their grip by providing less slippage and more contact.
Because the rear tyres have a much larger surface area (they are larger in diameter and width), the weight of the tractor is distributed across a larger area and the tyres don’t compress the soil as much.
karma-phale — the fruits of action
How it works ⁉
How does a plastic ruler rubbed on hair attract small paper pieces?
When you run a plastic comb through your hair, this really weird thing happens where electrons move between your hair and the comb one becomes positively charged and one becomes negatively charged. either scenario will result in the comb attracting paper.
If that force of attraction (which you can determine using Coulomb’s law) is greater than the gravitational force between the paper and the earth (which can be determined using Newton’s law of gravity), the paper will lift off the ground to stick to the comb.
न मां कर्माणि लिम्पन्ति न मे कर्मफले स्पृहा |
इति मां योऽभिजानाति कर्मभिर्न स बध्यते || 14||
na māṁ karmāṇi limpanti na me karma-phale spṛihā
iti māṁ yo ’bhijānāti karmabhir na sa badhyate
Activities do not taint me, nor do I desire the fruits of action. One who knows me in this way is never bound by the karmic reactions of work.
HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not)
Using Neem water as a skin toner regularly will help in clearing acne, scars, pigmentation and blackheads. Boil about 20 neem leaves in half a litre of water till the leaves are soft and discoloured, and the water turns green. Strain and store in a bottle. Dip a cotton-ball into it and wipe your face
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼